• 52-year-Old University Library Building in California, USA
• Total area of 300,000 sq. ft.
• Refurbishment was to be done for two floors (Utilities in Penthouse & Basement Utilities.
• BIM model was generated for all the ETR (existing to remain) utilities and an overall model to begin with renovation of the project
• Point cloud data from Laser scans and old hard copy drawings scanned for reference were used for input
The client (contractor appointed for the renovation) was keen to develop a BIM model for all the ETR (existing to remain) for the utilities and an overall model to begin with the renovation.
Excelize generated a BIM model from the point cloud data from Laser scans and from old hard copy drawings scanned for reference.
Architecture and structural model was built from the hardcopy scanned drawings and MEPFP for all floors was built from the point could data. The MEPFP model was built at LOD 300 as per AIA document release 2013. The scope of work was to model the Structure, architecture and MEPFP for existing conditions.